- Purchase Request : SNU faculty members, staffs and students may make a purchase request for new additions to the Library’s collections.
- Textbook Request : This service allows SNU professors and instructors to request the Library to purchase textbook references for lectures.
How to Make a Purchase·Textbook Request
ㆍHow to Create a Request
- - Library Homepage(login required) > Using the Libraries > Purchase·Textbook Request
- - Please use Google Chrome instead if you cannot connect to the purchase request page.
ㆍHow to View and Cancel Your Request
- - Library Homepage(login required) > My Library > Purchase·Textbook Request
- - You cannot cancel your request unless your request process status indicates ‘Request in Progress.’
Guide to Purchase Request
- SNU faculty members, university staffs and students are entitled to make purchase requests. Users with library membership cannot make a purchase request.
- E-mail notifications will be sent when the purchase process is completed. Please note that the purchase process takes approximately 3-4 weeks for Korean books and up to 2 months for foreign books.
- If your requested item is purchased by the library, a hold request will be initiated. Please note that each user is entitled to the maximum of 3 hold requests, meaning that a hold request will not be placed if you already have 3 hold requests upon an item’s arrival.
Guide to Textbook Request
- This service is for professors and instructors only.
- Course title, number of enrolled students will be considered upon request.
- E-mail notification will be sent when the purchase is completed.
Annual Purchase Limit for Purchase Request at Central Library
- Central Library aims to utilize its purchase budget in a fair manner and try to create a reasonable and balanced composition of collection. Therefore we ask for your understanding for the possible restriction on your book purchase request by annual purchase limit.
- Book requests may be deferred to the following fiscal year or cancelled depending on the Library’s annual purchase budget.
- Purchase requests for series books that surpass the annual purchase limit will be reviewed by Material Selection Committee at Central Library.
- Annual purchase limit by user group
|User Group||Annual Limit|
|Faculty(full-time, chair-, foundation, honorary, contract)||₩ 1,200,000|
|Graduate students(master, doctor), researchers, post-doctoral students, research registrants, part-time lecturers, university staffs||₩ 600,000|
|Undergraduate students, Seasonal semester students||₩ 200,000|
Purchase·textbook request inquiry
|Asian(other than Korean)||880-8075|
ㆍColleges and Graduate Schools with Branch Library
|College/Graduate School||Branch Library||Tel.|
|College of Social Sciences||Social Sciences Libraryemail@example.com|
|College of Business Administration,
Graduate School of Business
|College of Agriculture and Life Sciences,
Graduate School of International Agriculture Technology
|Agriculture and Life Sciences
|School of Law||Law Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|College of Veterinary Medicine||Veterinary Medicine Libraryemail@example.com|
|College of Medicine, College of Nursing,
Graduate School of Medicine
|College of Dentistry, School of Dentistry||Dental Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduate School of International Studies||International Studies Libraryemail@example.com|