These pages explain circulation services and policies, including borrowing periods, renewals, and return policies.
- Users may initiate a hold request on an item that has already been checked out to another person, or that is in the process of being catalogued.
- This service allows the requesting person to have priority for borrowing the requested item(s) once it becomes available.
Hold in Arrangement
- This service allows one to place a hold for one’s desired book when it is being arranged, and lets them be the first to check-out the material.
- It is available for materials in the book stacks of the Central Library and Social Sciences Library.
How to Use
- How to request Log in to the library website > Search > Choose 'Get it' Tab on the Brief Results > Click the 'Request' button
※ Log in to the library website → My Library → Loans·Renewals·Hold·Request
- Maximum number of request : 3 books* per person
* Books include ‘Hold’ + ‘Inter-campus Borrowing’ + ‘Request for Missing Books in Stacks’
(if 3 books have been requested, the user is able to borrow an extra book once one of the three requests has been checked out)
Checking out Books on Hold
- Once the books on hold arrive, an arrival e-mail/text message would be sent out.
- Check out within 5 days after receiving the arrival notice.
- Hold Service
- Central Lib, Circulation & Interlibrary Loan
- 880-5301, 5303
- Hold in Arrangement
- Central Lib, Cataloging
- 880-5291, 9273